To: Sunday, December 16, 2018
The 23rd edition of the most fascinating event of the year is coming! “Cortes Apertas” is the event that has opened the heart of Sardinia to tourists from everywhere for many years: an event dedicated to the territory, its culture, its handicrafts and its cuisine; an event where hearts beat in unison with the big heart of the island.
Thirty-two towns of Barbagia, in central Sardinia, will literally open their doors to anyone who wants to discover the most authentic tradition and lift the curtain on the background of the island culture, while getting a close glimpse and personally taking part in the life of the region.
Against the suggestive backdrop of the courtyards of the historic houses, you will be able to learn how to prepare delicious local cheese, bread, fresh pasta and traditional Sardinian pastries, handmade works of art still made according to the original ancient tradition; to witness portrayals of traditional Sardinian weddings according to the custom of different towns; to discover ancient crafts such as wool manufacturing, basket weaving and horse shoeing; to look at embroiderers at work in the courtyards and admire the traditional Sardinian costumes; to sip delicious wine while listening to ancient town legends…
And exhibits, songs, dances, excursions by foot or on horseback, workshops for adults and children, visits to archaeological sites and much more!
It will be a great opportunity to discover and experience the most authentic Sardinia, through the eyes of its people.
You can find the complete schedule below:
- 1st – 2nd September 2018:BITTI
- 8th – 9th September 2018:OLIENA
- 15th – 16th September 2018:DORGALI
- 15th – 16th September 2018:SARULE
- 22nd – 23rd September 2018:AUSTIS
- 22nd – 23rd September 2018:ORANI
- 29th – 30th September 2018:LULA
- 29th – 30th September 2018:TONARA
- 6th – 7th October 2018:GAVOI
- 6th – 7th October 2018:MEANA SARDO
- 6th – 7th October 2018:ONANÌ
- 13th – 14th October 2018:ORGOSOLO
- 13th – 14th October 2018:LOLLOVE
- 20th – 21st October 2018:SORGONO
- 20th – 21st October 2018:BELVÌ
- 27th – 28th October 2018:ARITZO
- 27th – 28th October 2018:OTTANA
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th November 2018:DESULO
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th November 2018:MAMOIADA
- 10th – 11th November 2018:NUORO
- 10th – 11th November 2018:TIANA
- 17th – 18th November 2018:OLZAI
- 17th – 18th November 2018:ATZARA
- 24th – 25th November 2018:OLLOLAI
- 24th – 25th November 2018:OROTELLI
- 1st – 2nd December 2018:GADONI
- 1st – 2nd December 2018:TETI
- 1st – 2nd December 2018:ONIFERI
- 8th – 9th December 2018:FONNI
- 8th – 9th December 2018:ORTUERI
- 15th – 16th December 2018:ORUNE
- 15th – 16th December 2018:OVODDA
Follow the Facebook page of the event to get updates about the event and its schedule!
Photos by: www.cuoredellasardegna.it, pierluigisantoni.blogspot.com, www.rivistadonna.com, www.buongiornoalghero.itS. Diana